Search the forum,

Discuss Nest and Indirect systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonym182

Hi
I'm moving house soon and the property has a gloworm combi boiler and a separate copper tank on the 1st floor.I think this is called an indirect heating system but I'm not a plumber.... It also has a separate expansion tank..
I'm thinking of getting Nest installed for savings but I found a comment in an article attached which has made me unsure.

"The main criticism is the Nest thermostat takes a fair bit of time to learn your preferences and you can’t pre-enter as many as you’d like. As such energy savings were reported to be between 10-25 per cent prior to the recent 4.3 update. Here the competition feels they can do better, quicker, while those with a separate hot water tank may find the Nest doesn't give them the control they need"

Can anyone help me with this comment in red and whether I should install nest.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Tony

Nest no good for your Hw. You'll need a separate control.

Yep C/H biased.
But if you want same ch/hw times then nest ok.
If you want seperate ch/hw/ times then a tado stat is the answer.:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nest and Indirect systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a little advice so I can try and save a bit of money this winter (especially considering the new prices!) I have an Ideal boiler (Vogue Max System 18) and a hot water tank (Heatrae Sadia Megaflo). On the boiler I only have 1 dial to turn the water temp up or down...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, (not sure if my last post worked so apologies if this is a duplicate). I have an Ideal Boiler (vogue max system 18) and a MegaFlo Water tank. On the boiler I only have 1 dial to turn the water temp up or down (no separate dials for heating and water). On the water tank, I can...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm looking some advice on the best heating setup for an existing system that would reduce wastage and save money. Current setup I have an oil fired system with two Nest thermostat zones (one upstairs, one downstairs which also heats water). The thermostats are in separate rooms (Hall and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock