Discuss Nest and Indirect systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonym182

Hi
I'm moving house soon and the property has a gloworm combi boiler and a separate copper tank on the 1st floor.I think this is called an indirect heating system but I'm not a plumber.... It also has a separate expansion tank..
I'm thinking of getting Nest installed for savings but I found a comment in an article attached which has made me unsure.

"The main criticism is the Nest thermostat takes a fair bit of time to learn your preferences and you can’t pre-enter as many as you’d like. As such energy savings were reported to be between 10-25 per cent prior to the recent 4.3 update. Here the competition feels they can do better, quicker, while those with a separate hot water tank may find the Nest doesn't give them the control they need"

Can anyone help me with this comment in red and whether I should install nest.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Tony

Nest no good for your Hw. You'll need a separate control.

Yep C/H biased.
But if you want same ch/hw times then nest ok.
If you want seperate ch/hw/ times then a tado stat is the answer.:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nest and Indirect systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock