Search the forum,

Discuss Nest not connecting to Heatlink, smell a little gas around boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi we came home this afternoon to our Nest not connecting to the Heatlink and we can smell a little gas around Vaillant Ecotec plus 630.

Tried a number of times to get the nest to connect to the heatlink, but it will not. We can use the heatlink override to get heating and hot water on, but concerned about this slight gas smell. Everything is turned off at the moment Inc mains gas.

Attachments

• CCC8897E-8158-4F87-942B-B799BA5D0CDC.jpeg
    CCC8897E-8158-4F87-942B-B799BA5D0CDC.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 5
  • C17B0815-7961-48D5-B0E9-D1845AAD7042.jpeg
    C17B0815-7961-48D5-B0E9-D1845AAD7042.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 5
  • E5001C28-240C-4F51-A099-FB0397778919.jpeg
    E5001C28-240C-4F51-A099-FB0397778919.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 5
Nest have had problems with a few links going bad / not working so best to contact them

As you’ve isolated the gas nest to contact a gas engineer first thing Monday morning

Reply to Nest not connecting to Heatlink, smell a little gas around boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock