Discuss New cartridge in. Why does the shower still drip? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Panaplex

Just put in a brand new Moen shower cartridge and put the tap (single lever) back on. Its in the "off" position but still drips. Why?

Could be the body has a defect / split in the face / mating surface etc so the water is bypassing the cartridge or could be a bad cartridge

Reply to New cartridge in. Why does the shower still drip? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then...
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the...
Replies
Views
I have a dripping tap that was getting progressively worse over the period of about 4 to 6 weeks and have replaced with a brand new cartridge on 2...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
D
I’m wanting to replace the single handle cartridge on my basement shower since it no longer allows hot water (sink in same bathroom works fine). I...
Replies
Views
DIYSAM
D
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock