Discuss New flume bath mixer tap is dripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lee barlow

Can anybody help me with my new installation. I've fitted a new bath flume mixer shown here
https://victoriaplum.com/product/flume-bath-filler-tap202
Since replacing my old mixer tap they have dripped cold water from day one.
My cold water feed is from the mains not a tank so I'm wondering if the pressure is too high for the tap or that maybe the tap is faulty. When I turn of the cold water only the tap stops dripping.
The taps came with two circular 15 ish diameter things that I can only presume are pressure reducers.
Should these have been fitted and are these type of taps more prone to pressure issues ?
Sorry for my ignorance, any help gratefully received.

Lee

They will be flow restrictors. it IT is dripping, it's a faulty tap! Victoria plumb should change them.

Either faulty ceramic tap valve and or poorly made tap. Sometimes it's possible to get crud such as limescale in the pipe line which gets trapped in the valve and cracks it.

yes it is, there should be a little plastic cover on the back of the handle which you take out/off to get to a screw. undo the screw and the handle will come off then you have the ceramic valve exposed. just unscrew this and change it for a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New flume bath mixer tap is dripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock