Search the forum,

Discuss New hilmor pipe benders marking pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have just bought some new hilmor pipe benders that are nicking the pipe on one side of the pipe when I pull a 90 degree bend on 15mm copper. Any one know a cure for this?

Are the alu bits free of dirt and damage ?

if you can post a pic up of the nicking

Try tightening the nuts up a bit on your bender, only hand tight mind you or you wont be able to move them!

Thanks that has helped. When you pull a bend with a machine it makes the pipe on the bent part a smaller diameter. Guessing this is no problem to the flow?

Thanks that has helped. When you pull a bend with a machine it makes the pipe on the bent part a smaller diameter. Guessing this is no problem to the flow?

It's not much and will be less resistance than a fitting

Thanks my worry is for 22mm heating pipes. When putting a machine bend on this will not effect the maximum btu loading of the pipe?

Thanks my worry is for 22mm heating pipes. When putting a machine bend on this will not effect the maximum btu loading of the pipe?

You will be fine been done for ages

cant post URL but:
Irwin Hilmor GLM Pipe Bender - Screwfix Product Code: 63880

I have that exact one and its fine for both 15 and 22 bends.. no nicks or creasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New hilmor pipe benders marking pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock