Discuss New installation and confused!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Husain

Right I'll start from the beginning'

I bought a house two years ago and underwent the task or a referb, the house is semi detached in London with 5 bedroom and 3 bathroom sounds big but not loft conversion and a (downstairs bedroom).

Main bathroom: 1 main shower (currently pumped) and a bathtub
Downstairs bathroom: electric shower, toilet and basin
ensuite in loft: currently installing but will have shower, toilet and sink.

We have my disable nan who lives downstairs so downstairs bathroom is hers with a kitchen ( granny flat)

We have our kitchen So technically two sinks ( to run at same time)

Currently have a gravity fed vented system and the water pressure was poor. Had old 15mm pipe from outside stopcock and recently (two days ago change to 32mm from stopcock)

Right so know you know what we currently got....

We want to change our boiler and upgrade as boiler is on its way out and want to get the best option for us.

What we want is to have a powerful shower in the main bathroom and ensuite and to have hot water without the current 1hour wait.

Current mains is at 12ls and 2.4 bar

Unvented has been suggested but the plumbers can't confirm the shower pressure will be adequate for a power shower and said that option would be a breaker tank then pump.

Other suggestion is to keep vented but upgrade cylinder and boiler and cold storage tank.

Or one other option was to have an accumulator

Last option was to have a unvented cyvlinder split the hot water feed out from the tank one to kitchen taps and basins. The other feed to pump then to shower.

Last not least was to have an unvented cylinder to all sinks, then a feed to unvented cyclinder to a vented cyclinder which will then be pumped to the showers.

As you can see I am in need of some help because if all the plumbers can't make their mind up on what's best, How can I.

Your help as always would be appreciated...

Pressure is fine, flow rate seems low. U could upgrade boiler and cylinder and have. Conventional vented system as this would allow a accumulation of water in tanks to be used. Have you had your supply pipe checked? Could be an old 7lb lead line, upgrade to a 25mm mdpe with new stopgap and might see improvement. Combi is not any good either!

I would always want unvented but if low incoming flow you cod have issues of performance, especially with two showers.
Accumulator is nice solution but expensive and they do wear out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear!

You had over 20lt/min at the OSV last week!

If I'm reading the above correctly, you've replaced the old 1/2" lead with 32mm MDPE and now you're getting 12lt/min? Something wrong with the pipework, or the flow rate measurement!

Yeah masood, a lot of thes question have been answered thanks to you. The flow seemed low to me too but a plumber checked and gave us that reading (althought Iam being to be a bit secptical)

32mm from stopcock won't make a difference unless the pipe to it is up to it. Hope it's just a typo.

Wow your not wrong. But unfortunately I love the smoke and my house its just the plumbing wants sorting out. Either way unvented it is.... I think if we don't get engough pressure we,ll worked around it. Another plumber has suggested a flo mate by Stuart turner to increase the flow so could be a option at a later date if needed.

Yeah masood, a lot of thes question have been answered thanks to you. The flow seemed low to me too but a plumber checked and gave us that reading (althought Iam being to be a bit secptical)

I think he made a mistake. Have you changed the old lead pipe? If so are you sure the new MDPE isn't kinked?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is confusing! Nothing's been done but expect flow to have improved? I'm lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New installation and confused!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock