Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New oil boiler question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dogbower

Hi, I am just after some advice on a new oil boiler.
Inherited an old Worcester heatslave with the house, Have since installed underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, and converted the attic which runs off radiators. This system all works fine with our old boiler.
I am now looking at replacing the boiler, looked at lots of alternatives but decided to stick with oil.
Question is to stay with combi or go unvented and heat only boiler.
Just the 2 of us, at least 1 shower a day, I understand heat only boiler has less to go wrong, but cant get my head around heating a cylinder for just us 2.

What do you think?

Unvented is best way to go with heat only boiler. You need to size it accordingly and when it gets heated up after about 30mins it will stay hot for a long time. Combis give more trouble will be more expensive to repair and will cost about same as a boiler and cylinder. Also if boiler breaks down you still have hot water with better pressure.

Unvented Grant, make sure you've definitely got a big enough vessel, standard with the boiler usually isn't big enough!
Go for an external Grant, then no oily muck inside your pad!

quicker bath fills, better flow, 2ndry return gives hot at taps immediately if you want, immersion means back up to boiler, happier oil tech on servicing and repairs, anything else?

where are you so someone on here can quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New oil boiler question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock