Discuss New Sanicompact - Motor running automatically every 8 or so minutes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I have just installed a brand new sanicompact (toilet and macerator in one) into new pipe work.

For some reasons the motor seems to be starting automatically every 7/8/9 minutes and pushing water out. It then triggers a small flush and then 8 minutes later it does it again.

Any ideas what it could be? I have pipe work attached for the sink, but the sink isn't yet plumbed in so its not dripping down to the toilet.

On thing I did notice is that when i took it a apart the pipework after non return valve contained a small amount of water - could this have anything to do with it?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you

Hi All,

I have just installed a brand new sanicompact (toilet and macerator in one) into new pipe work.

For some reasons the motor seems to be starting automatically every 7/8/9 minutes and pushing water out. It then triggers a small flush and then 8 minutes later it does it again.

Any ideas what it could be? I have pipe work attached for the sink, but the sink isn't yet plumbed in so its not dripping down to the toilet.

On thing I did notice is that when i took it a apart the pipework after non return valve contained a small amount of water - could this have anything to do with it?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you

Welcome to the forum skip.
Could be various reasons but as it`s under warranty lets start with what you can do.
Remove the discharge elbow and check the non-return valve rubber flap is clean and not damaged IF the discharge pipe runs vertically. Or flush the toilet then turn the water off and wait, can you hear water trickling back down the pipe and the pump kicks in again as you describe? If yes then the NRV is at fault If no and the pump fires off again then there is nothing you can do as it`s to do with the ....... / ...... inside and you need an offical sani engineer to attend.

PS Is it in a high water pressure set up, might be worth taking a pressure reading at the isolation point next to it.

Thanks All...

Right I have taken the non return valve off and tested it, and it does seem to be leaking, see image below.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AKzpllkxjdn_l-0&v=3&ithint=photo,JPG

Its brand new though so i am surprised its faulty? I have cleaned it 4 times and put it back in the housing and its still leaking. Seems to be round the hinges. Do i need to order a new one?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AMuyrIzRh1fdwNs&v=3&ithint=photo,JPG

Also when i took the pipe off just after the non return valve to check it a fair amount of water came out. I guess this is what is trickling back into the motor. Is it normal for this water to be sitting in the pipework? My run is only 1m vertical and about 2 metres horizontal sloping all with 135 degree fittings for corners. I have not connected it to the soil stack yet so i can monitor the water and it always pushes about half a bucket full out on a full flush, so can't understand why some might not get pushed out unless this is normal.

Thanks

Afraid the photo proves nothing, ask for a new nrv if you have doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Sanicompact - Motor running automatically every 8 or so minutes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just installed a combination all in one WC/small basin…. Out of the fill valve there is a small tube which emits a lot of water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock