Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New Surestop MDPE connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
New Surestop product, what do you think?

Surestop have introduced a new fitting that allows direct connection between MDPE and Copper or Plastic pipe work and includes a Surestop stop valve.

By combining the John Guest MDPE push fit with the Surestop Stop Valve (both WRAS approved Products) the Surestop MDPE connector provides a fast and easy method of connection between the external MDPE pipe work and the Internal Copper or Plastic pipe work, therefore saving on installation cost.

The Surestop Stop Valve used is the upgradeable version that allows a remote switch to be added at a later date.

Sizes available

MDPE mm to Copper/Plastic mm

20 15
20 22
25 15
25 22

The MDPE fitting is push fit only

The Copper/Plastic can be push fit or compression.
Source
Surestop_MDPE_Connector.jpg

Last edited:
whats wrong with a proper stopcock 20mm to 15/22mm?? worlds going mad again

i agree with tamz, whats wrong with a brass stop tap?

how do you adjust the flow rate through a sure stop? i find many surestops fail to work properly after a period of time and ive had plenty of new one not work very well. My personal view is they are a gimick and only really usefull for disabled and very old as an emergency measure and you just cross your it works when its pushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Surestop MDPE connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
We're in the process of doing grounds work for a new garden office, and unfortunately my go-to plumber is away and uncontactable at present. We...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we're doing some renovation work to our property and we wanted to install a sauna house (includes shower) in the garden, irrigation system...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone advise how the copper push fit connectors work? Is it a matter of just pushing in the pipe until it goes in as far as it can and...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock