Search the forum,

Discuss new wc needs plinth in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening to the Forum. Customer has asked for an old Fordham to be
replaced. The new wc's spigot is lower.What do other members prefer
for the plinth, W.B.P or M.D.F ? Thanks, Dean.

I think he may be putting in a close couple pan and cistern Steve and the pans outlet is lower than the soil pipe connection regards turnpin

If you must use something for the plinth I suggest some marine ply regards turnpin:20:

I think he may be putting in a close couple pan and cistern Steve and the pans outlet is lower than the soil pipe connection regards turnpin
ah! of course just having a dumb moment lol

Seen it done in cement before. You could pack it up to the right height, and pug it up there?

I've used offsets for downward slopes. Thought it not done for upward because
connection always in water/ p**h trapped on step. Advice appreciated here.
I didn't fancy s&c as it's on floorboards, I think pug dries out too quick, and
boards flex. Thanks, Dean.

If it's on floorboards then it has to be timber really. Won't be hard to do I'm sure. Might look a bit weird!

I did wonder what customer would think of my bit of 18mm ply
If it wasn’t the downstairs spare. Thanks, Dean.

use an AKW white plinth if your customer wants to pay for it. around £100-£150 dependant on height and discount.

use an AKW white plinth if your customer wants to pay for it. around £100-£150 dependant on height and discount.

Very expensive for a bit of ply and fibreglass but they're definitely a tidier solution. This is one I fitted, to give you an idea:

dyba6aqu.jpg

cut the soil back flush to the wall and use a long tailed pan con due to the angle most old pan were connected at you can just get it level/falling by this method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new wc needs plinth in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has...
Replies
Views
Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that didn't flush properly, and had become corroded and unsightly. I figured I'd get a plumber in to do it (after a couple of years apologising to guests for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock