Search the forum,

Discuss no hot water from indirect tank .help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,all
I have an indirect unvented tank for hot water, but no hot water getting to coil inside,system boiler, heating all else,underfloor heating,no motorised valves, I have drained system,disconnected coil put a hose inside coil and flushed,refilled system, removed air, no success. any ideas??: i am using the immerser in tank just now.sweatdrop:
(joiner)

Last edited:
Hello and welcome. Do check you have no motorised valves with cylinder stat (most systems now have them somewhere) or thermostatic valve for cylinder jammed closed.
Other thing it can be is a gate valve broken or shut down - it can be there as a balancing valve.
Other option is dirt in pipes to coil, which is more likely if it was a previously open vent system

thanks,defo no valves,no gates,wasnt open vent, had new boiler fitted,6m ago, all working fine till now, prob need flush whole system.?

unvented cylinder will or should have a motorised valve and to work on one you need to be registered

thanks,but defo no valves,as i have moved boiler from orginal place.i know its strange but thats the way system was installed by orginal owner so you get free hot water as it heats underfloor heating,

if it is unvented and no motorised valves there are serious safety issues, get someone in to look and make safe

I missed the word unvented! Definitely should have a motorised valve for the unvented cylinder (they all come supplied with one as part of their safety parts)
Get a G3 qualified person to take a look at it, and while they are there tell them to service it, as it must never have been installed or serviced before by anyone who knows what they were doing.

They can also explain how you can continue to get the free hot water when the UFH is on. LOL

& you have been moving your boiler as well, if not windup, dear God get some who knows what they are doing to come take a look quick before you kill your loved ones.

thanks,but defo no valves,as i have moved boiler from orginal place.i know its strange but thats the way system was installed by orginal owner so you get free hot water as it heats underfloor heating,

no such thing as free heating if its heating water its costing you money in fact by the sounds of it your heating the cylinder with no way to controll it which will be costing you money
this is a system i would love to see photos of

I was going to ask a somewhat pertinent question which would really put the cat amongst the pigeons. However, I won't.

What I will tell you is that you need to get a g3 and gas qualified plumber in sharpish.

Job 38.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no hot water from indirect tank .help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked overflow/expansion pipe. Hence the header tank then reaches the overflow level and the overflow trickles out. I have changed the ball valve washers thinking it was...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am fitting new taps and a shower mixer in my en-suite and was looking to isolate the hot water pipes. I have an unvented indirect heating system (have attached some photos). I was wondering if the isolation valve that would shut off the water to the hot water taps is as circled in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock