Discuss No hot water - Oil fired boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HPPH

Can anyone help please? I have no hot water and the oil fired boiler is not firing up ( programmer as normal )
There is a white box on the wall ( House sitting for Dad ) called a watchman flashing a 'c' at me. Does this mean I have run out of oil?:confused:

According to their website:

"This indicates that damage may have ocurred
to your Watchman transmitter and it has an
internal fault. A replacement product will be

required, please contact Sensor Systems"

Unless, of course the right hand part of the 0 has stopped working then it will look like a C!!

I'd start by ignoring this and checking the level of oil in the tank.

yeh,probably your dad is using the oil money for holiday money !!

not worried about the poor house sitter !! :p

Thanks for advice dontknowitall. Will check manually. Thanks again

Yeah probably. Have starting feeding the back up hotwater stove with a variety of kitchen furniture ....?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Switch off the watchman and unscrew the battery off the sender at the tank. Wait 2 mins, turn it back on and then screw the battery back in.

Thanks Croppie. Will try that now. Cheers

Hi Croppie, I have tried as suggested and now stopped flashing and reads an ' f '. Possibly means ' Fault ' although the transmittor seems to work still ( noise ).
Will call Watchman direct unless any other anyone has any other ideas?

Thanks again

Now back to flashing ' C '! - will call sensor systems

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water - Oil fired boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock