Discuss Noise from pipes when flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am new to this. Just wish to know how to stop the noise from the pipes going right through the house when flushing the toilet

Hi, welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have poorly clipped pipes or very high pressure. You can fit a shock arrestor which should sort that for you.

Could be water hammer which occurs due to pipework not being clipped sufficiently. You could try reducing the flow to the toilet via the isolation valve (If it has one) to see if that helps or maybe fitting a new valve that can work on both mains or tank fed with the correct guts so to speak.

Hi M.Saleem and welcome...have you had any new plumbing or repair's carried out..we need some more details to help you...regards Turnpin:biggrin::welcome:

If this has only just started to happened, then replace the seating and washer in the ball valve in the W. C.. The noise is the ball valve opening and closing quickly, send noise and vibrations through the Pipe work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noise from pipes when flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock