Discuss Not capping an ID'd boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenF

Turned up to the job today after the boss had been out a quoted for a new boiler which we got. The old boiler had been capped off on a AGSI by another firm, sticker on front saying boiler ID'd as he wasn't able to re seal the combustion chamber, fair enough a few bolts has snapped off and this wouldn't seal right. I was suprised to see that the electrics to the heating system/ boiler were still all live, fuse left is spur ect... Also rather then a sealing disk in the meter or a nice cap on the cap supply to the boiler the engineer had just shut the supply off at the 14mm spanner isolater to gas valve. Am I right in thinking I can riddor here but what imformation would I need, I've got and checked his gas safe ID and he is registered. New to forum so looking forward to hearing back! Cheers

why do you feel the need for RIDDOR?
You've got the job for a new boiler, not him, so I'd just get on with it.

took so long Lame beat me to it:)

Last edited:
Turned up to the job today after the boss had been out a quoted for a new boiler which we got. The old boiler had been capped off on a AGSI by another firm, sticker on front saying boiler ID'd as he wasn't able to re seal the combustion chamber, fair enough a few bolts has snapped off and this wouldn't seal right. I was suprised to see that the electrics to the heating system/ boiler were still all live, fuse left is spur ect... Also rather then a sealing disk in the meter or a nice cap on the cap supply to the boiler the engineer had just shut the supply off at the 14mm spanner isolater to gas valve. Am I right in thinking I can riddor here but what imformation would I need, I've got and checked his gas safe ID and he is registered. New to forum so looking forward to hearing back! Cheers

what a pedantic,evil little scrote you are,anal muppets like you boil my urine,guys not really done anything bad your just out to cause trouble

decommision or turn off?

whats your gas safe number or are you training?

just to clarify....

Industry classification

Periodically, industry discussions are held to agree the sort of defective gas fittings which, if they cannot be rectified at the time they are seen, their installers will regard as:

• Immediately dangerous (ID), which if operated or left connected to a gas supply, is an immediate danger to life or property. To be physically disconnected, capped off and labelled 'do not use'.

• At risk (AR), where one or more recognised faults exist and which, as a result, if operated, may in the future constitute a danger to life or property. To be turned off at and labelled 'do not use'.

• Not to current standard (NCS), is currently operating safely but does not meet current standards. To be notified to the customer with a description of the improvements needed to meet current standards.
Gas Safe registered engineers may only turn off or isolate appliances with the customer’s permission.

[h=3]What to report as a RIDDOR[/h] Only those installations that as a result of design, construction, manner of installation, modification or servicing, pose an immediate risk to life or risk of major injury to gas users should be reported. Examples of situations that should be reported are listed below. However, it should not be regarded as an exhaustive list:

• Instances where the use of unsatisfactory fittings or poor workmanship result in a gas escape outside the tolerance of a tightness test;
  • Uncapped, open-ended pipes connected to the gas supply;
  • Appliances that are spilling products of combustion, or show past signs of having done so, e.g. staining around draught diverters on open-flued appliances or above gas fires, with no evidence that the cause has been rectified;
  • Defective flues or chimneys that are not clearing flue gases;
  • Appliances that should be flued, but are not;
  • Appliances that are not suitable for use with the gas supplied (e.g. natural gas appliances being used with LPG);
  • Appliances that have had a safety device, such as a flame-failure/supervision device, made inoperative;
  • Appliances that are connected to the gas supply by a connection made of unsatisfactory material, such as garden hose;
  • Appliances that are dangerous through faulty servicing.

which bit are you reporting????????????????????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
woah, I thought my lickle rant was enough. Gasman raises it to levels beyond the heat produced by the sun, I like that :)

First post and already upset the super mod, I didnt ever manage that (shut up Croppie)

decommision or turn off?

whats your gas safe number or are you training?

if the op is not a gsr he is getting a permanent holiday,i really love people like this,they should be made to lick the spoon

I think he got off on a BAD FOOT because we did not welcome him to the Forum.

Welkom 2da MadHaws BenF. You will learn loads here if you have a hard skin. Please do not take offence and make your exit just after the 1 post.

ID and leaving gas connected resulting in death ........ a RIDDOR would be a holiday.

Really really really really narks me. ID = physical disconnection from gas end of . If you leave it connected your a doosh.

what a pedantic,evil little scrote you are,anal muppets like you boil my urine,guys not really done anything bad your just out to cause trouble

Harsh but fair!

REALLY no need for RIDDOR. But what I am puzzling over is why the OP went back yo a job that had A) already been capped and B) his boss had already quoted to replace. Why would you need to go back? Is the OP fishing for a way to cause problems for someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not capping an ID'd boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock