Discuss Not remotely plumbing realted question but you guys tend to know most stuff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
If you wanted to amplify a keyboard/synth but away from a mains power source - say in a car park or a field something. What would you do?

I'm guessing some sort of generator? Are they suitable/practical for this kind of application? Too loud? Don't last long? I know nothing about them.

It needs to be so easy a moron could do it for that'd be me.

Thanks

Small petrol generator. Not that quiet, well mine isnt, will keep running as long as you keep feeding the fuel.

my gen runs the amplifiers used for our sound system used on open days/rescue days etc. get one with at least 2 sockets qnd more output than you need for the sound system, ie able to run a decent core drill or chop saw, also when you own a gennie you suddenly get new friends appear out of the woodwork !!

Ok thanks chaps. Sounds like a pretty novel and worthwhile thing to own regardless.

Can you link me to anything half reasonable that's at the cheaper end of the market?

poohfix ones are ok i bought a 3kw sdmo 4 years back, still trogging along ok

Suitcase genny, had mine for a couple of years now, powers Crate valve amp with no problem!

ah hold on that's not going to power it though...

hmm but batteries would. cheaper than a 500 quid generator.

Yeah, that's the aux-in socket. get a 3.5mm audio cable from your keyboard to your stereo.
Your car powers the stereo, not sure what you'd need batteries for, unless it's the keyboard.
Like I said before, not a pro solution, but it will work :)

Well the keyboard needs power. But some less fancy schmancy ones can take batteries. Albeit it large ones that don't last too long.

I think that a battery inverter may suit your your needs.
If you go into your local town and there is a busker on site, they may have some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not remotely plumbing realted question but you guys tend to know most stuff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock