Discuss Oil boiler not working - Advice Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rolo28

I have an oil fired central heating system and the boiler no longer wants to work. Boiler/Burner does not even get to the firing up stage. I can hear a noise (like a quiet background humming) from boiler then it switches itself off.

Now over the last few days when this has happened I pressed the re-set button and it fired up Ok. Once fired up, radiators heat ok then it appears to switch itself off again.

Now it does not want to fire up at all.

I checked oil tank and have about 100 litres of kerosene left. Any-one any ideas? - I want to rule anything simple out before I call out an expert. Thanks in advance guys :icon7:

Make sure you have a filter before the boiler as well as the one on the tank also did the engineer check for water in the tank
Hindsight is a wonderfull thing. Before I fit new pumps I always run some oil off to see if it is contaminated.

If water/ dirt problem was caused by open oil sight gauge, then a good flush of oil line into large clear plastic bottles till it's clean oil might be easy. Pour any clean oil back in tank. Put paper element filter at tank. Get burner flushed out & renew nozzle. It is sometimes possible to carefully take the oil pump apart a little & flush it clean but often not worth it.

hello oil boiler not firing up. i've had the oil pressure gauge and when turned on it only creeps up to 0.5 then to 0. it sounds if the oil pump is struggling to fire up. the oil pump has be bled and there enough supply of clean oil and is not seized up as there is a water separator on the oil line and oil filters. its had a new nozzle fitted and the high limit stat has not be activated nor has the remote fire valve.
im struggling to figure to why this is ? could it be the solenoids replaced?
can someone with experience lend a hand would be very much grateful.

hello oil boiler not firing up. i've had the oil pressure gauge and when turned on it only creeps up to 0.5 then to 0. it sounds if the oil pump is struggling to fire up. the oil pump has be bled and there enough supply of clean oil and is not seized up as there is a water separator on the oil line and oil filters. its had a new nozzle fitted and the high limit stat has not be activated nor has the remote fire valve.
im struggling to figure to why this is ? could it be the solenoids replaced?
can someone with experience lend a hand would be very much grateful.

would be better to start your own thread rather than tag onto an old one, that way folks might bother to read it

Are you a technician, as the fault is bleedin obvious imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil boiler not working - Advice Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back