Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss open vented close coupled fully pumped heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Franksmith

hello can u help? what is the likely problem arising from a bypass not being fitted to an openvented closecoupled fully pumped system controlled by 2 x 2 port valves on the heating and hot water curcuits?

numatic noise is the most likely cause of not having a bypass

hello can u help? what is the likely problem arising from a bypass not being fitted to an openvented closecoupled fully pumped system controlled by 2 x 2 port valves on the heating and hot water curcuits?

Not sure were close coupled bit comes from unless you have connected heating to w/c seat for added comfort
However not having a by pass before the 2 2 port valves would mean that when valves close down ,boiler pump over run would keep pump on until boiler cools thus pump would be pumping against closed valves causing possible burn out
Also as pump could not circulate hot water from boiler when valves closed(remember when flame turned off,there is a tempurature increase spike) boiler could over heat causing over heat stat on boiler to kick in and stop boiler working until reset
Also auto by pass valves and gate valve sales would drop considerably:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your help.

I'm on a course for plumbing and the teaching is a bit, well, wet! I've got an exam tomorrow and this was part of my prep, but i've found the answers... would you have got it?
What is the likely problem arising from a bypass not being fitted to an open vented close-circuited fully pumped heating system controlled by 2 X two port valves on the heating and hot water circuits?

a) 'sucking down' and 'pumping over' the open vent pipe
b) Blockage occurring in the cold feed pipe
c) Rapid pinhole corrossion of the radiators
d) No cool water from the f&e cistern if the system overheats

Answer............

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to open vented close coupled fully pumped heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock