Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss open vented fully pumped double feed indirect heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ikon 60-80 ci,fanned flue boiler,this system is 10 rads and you are lucky if three rads are working to there potential,the cold feed from f&e is tee'd into return at cylinder coil and the heating vent is also on the coil hw feed,the system was pumping over all the time,so i changed the piping arrangement to vent and cold feed behind pump on flow from boiler to mid position valve.i filled the system up vented rads and hoped for the best,the rads were no change,didn't expect there to be,but it stoped pumping over all the time,it did how ever when in hw and central heating mode start to make a loud noise and pumpover ,whats going on,is the pump no good 25/60 grunfos (rads),or have i got some blocked pipe work ,or is some thing else going on.

Last edited:
Get yourself one of those telescopic magnetic retrievers for getting back lost tools. I think they sell them in the likes of B&Q
They have a powerful magnet on the end. Copper pipe is non magnetic, so if you run it against the pipework near to where the cold feed entered the system and it sticks like sh*t to the pipework it's a good indicator of cr@p/blockage in that area.
I've located plenty of blockages using this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to open vented fully pumped double feed indirect heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock