Search the forum,

Discuss Overflow Pipe indoors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anderz123

Hi,

I've recently purchased a new property and need to replace the hot water system. The property only has electric and for simplicity I'm thinking of fitting a vented, direct water cylinder.

The overflow pipe on the current system comes through the bathroom wall and terminates just above the bath taps. Whilst this is an ugly solution, I can see why they've done it as access to an outside wall is awkward.

What I wondered if there is a way of having the overflow ultimately discharge in the waste pipe, but somehow comply with regs to have it visible. I was thinking of maybe having a waste pipe in the airing cupboard with a hopper, and the overflow pipe maybe 6 inches above it?

or would a tundish do this job?

Thanks in advance.

Ya can have a tundish for visual reasons but ya'll need a hepvo valve to stop smells before it connects to the waste. Also an overflow at full bore will splash everywhere when it hits the tundish.

best to re route the warning pipe and finish outside, it should be terminated in a position that is visable to tell you/ warn you theres an issue before the brown stuff hits the fan.

Thanks for all your replies. Steadyon, that is exactly what I need. Big thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overflow Pipe indoors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock