Discuss Overflow Pipe indoors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anderz123

Hi,

I've recently purchased a new property and need to replace the hot water system. The property only has electric and for simplicity I'm thinking of fitting a vented, direct water cylinder.

The overflow pipe on the current system comes through the bathroom wall and terminates just above the bath taps. Whilst this is an ugly solution, I can see why they've done it as access to an outside wall is awkward.

What I wondered if there is a way of having the overflow ultimately discharge in the waste pipe, but somehow comply with regs to have it visible. I was thinking of maybe having a waste pipe in the airing cupboard with a hopper, and the overflow pipe maybe 6 inches above it?

or would a tundish do this job?

Thanks in advance.

Ya can have a tundish for visual reasons but ya'll need a hepvo valve to stop smells before it connects to the waste. Also an overflow at full bore will splash everywhere when it hits the tundish.

best to re route the warning pipe and finish outside, it should be terminated in a position that is visable to tell you/ warn you theres an issue before the brown stuff hits the fan.

Thanks for all your replies. Steadyon, that is exactly what I need. Big thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overflow Pipe indoors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
For over a week the kitchen sink is leaking water from what I think is called tundish ( I thought is was called overflow but little google search...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached...
Replies
Views
Back