Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss paint on pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
how do you get paint off pipes I use grip teeth if the paints thick and then grit strips but I saw a guy use his blow torch and one of these rothenberger round external cleaners and he checked round the back with a mirror so I thought there more than on way to do this I was just interest if anyone has a different way

With grips and maybe blow torch if its stubborn. Then cleaning strip and use a mirror to check. Pretty much as you do really. If you use a blow torch let it cool a little before using the cleaning strip.

Flux it leave it for a few minutes. Flux it again blow lamp till it glows wire wool job done

I don't bother I just solder my soeedfit straight on . If it's gloss heat , grips , wool or abrasives , emry cloth. If emulsion wool

If I see paint on pipes I tell cust once job has started its an extra and changes the job to complete replumb of heating and domestic circs including new soil stack as well.

I use a stanley blade. Square it off and scrape it off to allow a fitting Etc it just chips away. Then I use a webbed abrasive strip to take remainder of paint off.

Blowtorch till paint bubbles then Stanley blade. Abrasive strip to get the last little bits off.

Blowtorch on maximum and blast it, also takes the wallpaper, skirting, plaster and roof off but who cares as long as the pipe is clean.

All metal rasp(toolstation) then cleaning strips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to paint on pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock