Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Part L questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy Bing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hey guys.

ive posted this up in the arms as not to show the public how clueless some of us are....

i have an office to install a boiler + central heating to it

now i know its classed differently to a house hold but i cant make head nor tail of part L in relation to it !!

ive just used TACMA's guidelines for houses in the past.

help would be seriously appreciated :p

Air changes ? Is there ac or any cooling plant as heating and cooling cannot run at same time ! How big is office and why on earth so they want rads? Mitsubishi ASHP works as AC in summer? Much more even heat? Cassettes in celing on unistrut air recovery boxes and then condensers outside? Moves heat around office space and is part l compliant and it has heat recovery and zonal interlock?

Air changes ? Is there ac or any cooling plant as heating and cooling cannot run at same time ! How big is office and why on earth so they want rads? Mitsubishi ASHP works as AC in summer? Much more even heat? Cassettes in celing on unistrut air recovery boxes and then condensers outside? Moves heat around office space and is part l compliant and it has heat recovery and zonal interlock?

Shove a plate on it and run small unvented and ufh in loos?

bobby basic, its only going to be a small taxi office.
heating has to be installed but it wont be used.
council wont allow for electric
guys too tight for ashp

just wants a combi and rads !

Part L2B Killy bing, existing building other than a dwelling.

If heatings not used fit a wb greensprings water heater and forget rads.

oh gosh, looks like i'm a touch out of my depths.
idiots guide please destroyer ?

ermi
only have a pair of hot taps back to back no point in fitting the wb.
council say it needs heating but wont accept electric so gas it is.
its just one floor to be done. it has the communal loos, small kitchen, waiting room and operators office.
pretty much all pipework is surface as for some odd reason as the floor is cast concrete as is the ceiling with no suspended going in !!

this place is going to be a head ache......

Bogs and reception one zone and office and kitchen other. Tamper proof stat in public area. 7 day programmer.

Its a new build so will fall under SAP requirements as far as I know, that's why they won't accept electric as the carbon is to high.

You should let the specifier/builder spec the heating unless you want to get involved in SAP calcs. They can take liability if building control don't like it.

its L2A if its new build.

Defo a design job if new build. SAP time consuming. Lots if factors air test , insulation ........ Job should be fully designed for you by m&e consultant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part L questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock