Discuss Pex pipe-boiler: aerial distance in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am adding radiators to my 2-pipe central heating. The whole piping is copper 22mm and microbore, and I'm extending it with 15mm pex barrier pipe graded for CH.
I know that the first bit of pipes connected to the boiler must be copper, which is the case.
However, I couldn't find whether there is a minimum distance between the boiler and plastic pipes merely passing near to it, without being directly connected to it.
Is there such a thing?

Any other comment on what I'm trying to do is welcome :)

1m minimum but more is better 3m I always say

Are you talking about pipe distance or aerial distance (sorry, not sure if proper terminology)?
In the latter case, do you have a reference about that?
Thank you!

pipe distance but each manufacturer should have a install guide to tell you there specs

Reply to Pex pipe-boiler: aerial distance in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need your advise as I'm really concerned here. I only just had regular boiler replaced with combi (Vaillant ecoFIT Pure 25kw). I had few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
As part of a rebuild (added 1st floor to bungalow and extended back) we have removed every piece of plumbing and electrics, during COVID In...
Replies
Views
Back