Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss pipe bending in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
at college 2night,, the fella who looks after the stores(big tony),, showed me a different way of bending copper pipe..... for 15mm copper u measure 70mm back from the measurement given and line that up with the back of the former... he said there's a mesurment back for 135 Degrees but he couldnt remember, has any1 heard of this before and any1 know the measurment ... hope that makes sence. thanks men

Dont bother with anything like that in the real world. Just use your eyes and you judge what angle, offset etc you need to pipe up neatly

Spot on i dont measure anything when forming pipe. Saddles can be tricky but my advice here is pull a small bend turn over big bend turn over and a small bend.

at college 2night,, the fella who looks after the stores(big tony),, showed me a different way of bending copper pipe..... for 15mm copper u measure 70mm back from the measurement given and line that up with the back of the former... he said there's a mesurment back for 135 Degrees but he couldnt remember, has any1 heard of this before and any1 know the measurment ... hope that makes sence. thanks men

is this what your after

Attachments

• Copper pipework bending 2.pdf
    177.6 KB · Views: 61
plumbing is a big like driving a car, untill u pass your test.. u drive round to the book and when u pass, u drive round how u want. ha ha

this intended as a joke,, in college the tutor wants the bends to be perfect

Last edited:
I would'nt be too arsed with measurements 70mm from this 70mm from that. With bending its a thing you just pick up as you go along.before you know it your lookin at the job then pulling bends that will fit. I carnt remember the way i was shown with measuring.so that will tell you a tale in itself.

There are dozens of ways to mark and bend pipe accurately. Use whichever one sticks in your head. The easiest way is to do it once and mark the machine. I always measure square bends but do a lot by eye too.

I use measuring only to where the bend needs to start and how much excess pipe ive got left over on a cut which im wanting to have the gain on

You will pick it up with experience in time , cant remember many measurements from college myself

Allways go a little over what you want as you can always pull a bend back a touch but you cant bend it further on as easy.

Another thing i do for a 90' is after getting what you think is right hold one side against a flat wall and eye up if its coming square out of the wall with the other side.

I never pointed out that if its been tiled before hand by someone from the labourers...i mean tilling forum add several extra degrees just for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe bending in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock