Search the forum,

Discuss plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shezzaar

Hello guys,
We are currently renovating a property. The first fix plumbing has been done in plastic (speedfit).
Today I have been trying to fit the pipes in for a new kitchen in plastic pipe (plumbsure). My connections and inserts are also plumbsure.
Everything works well on the first fix, and the pipes I put it are all strong connections. But when my pipes are connected to the first fix pipe the connections are loose when pulled.
Its all in 15mm pipe
Is this because the pipes and connections are made by different companies?
If so is there a way I can connect both the pipes without having to get speedfit connections, pipe etc?
thanks

You will need to use a compression connector to joint them together. Isolation valves would be a good option for you

If your that concerned use a compression connector. Problem solved.

im only slightly concerned because i was able to pull the pipe off (albeit with quite a bit of force) but with the same amount of force on the other sections they didnt pop off.
to put the issolation valves on the plastic pipe would it be the same like it would be with copper, but with an insert in the plastic?

Plumbsure are a B&Q brand. You must not mix pipes and fittings and inserts from different brands. Besides the difference in manufacturing tolerance between different brands, you will invalidate the guarantee. If it's done in Speedfit pipe then don't skimp on cost, use Speedfit fittings. A flood could cost you much more.

Compression fittings on plastic pipe in the hands of a novice will only lead to disaster. If you do use these use soft copper olives and the Speedfit insert designed for compression fittings, not the Supaseal ones with the o rings. These are only for Speedfit plastic pushfit fittings. Follow exactly the manufacturers instructions before fitting.

Plumbsure are a B&Q brand. You must not mix pipes and fittings and inserts from different brands. Besides the difference in manufacturing tolerance between different brands, you will invalidate the guarantee. If it's done in Speedfit pipe then don't skimp on cost, use Speedfit fittings. A flood could cost you much more.

Compression fittings on plastic pipe in the hands of a novice will only lead to disaster. If you do use these use soft copper olives and the Speedfit insert designed for compression fittings, not the Supaseal ones with the o rings. These are only for Speedfit plastic pushfit fittings. Follow exactly the manufacturers instructions before fitting.

This is very good advise and best you follow it to avoid much pain and suffering in the near future

why not use a small amount of copper between the different brands, this will stop them having to be compatible. :)

nothing wrong with plastic if fitted correctly, sadly alot of it isnt fitted correctly and it give its use a bad name. We dont slag off copper everytime theres a leak on it or its been fitted badly, we blame the installer.

I hate seeing compression fittings on plastic pipe. It's my pet hate infact.

I prefer to see a coupling, a small length of copper and then the comp' fitting. I know this is another joint, but it's better in my humble opinion.

I hate seeing compression fittings on plastic pipe. It's my pet hate infact.

I prefer to see a coupling, a small length of copper and then the comp' fitting. I know this is another joint, but it's better in my humble opinion.
Totally 100% agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Hello Please could I have some advice. I recently had an new air source pump and hot water tank system installed. The pipes to the radiators are copper. However, there is plastic pipes to the taps for hot and cold water. I have found a leak in the connection of a plastic pipe. First...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
Yes, it me again. I have a leaking compression joint that is connected to plastic pipe. I have now read elsewhere that it is not a good idea to connect plastic into compression joints. It DID have an insert in the plastic pipe. I decided to use plastic JG speedfit pipe in the compression...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Just looking for some general advise, I'm renovating my kitchen and need to disconnect my kitchen sink pipes while I re-plaster the room and wait for my new sink to arrive. So I need to temporary cap off the two below connections cant seem to find what is the best way to do this.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock