Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Plinth convector heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zillaplumb

Hi fellow forum community, just after some information regarding the use of a plinth heater on a sealed heating system. Have to install plinth heater in place of existing small single panelled rad in a kitchen, the boiler is located in the kitchen where the flow and returns rise upwards and go into airing cupboard where unvented cylinder is located. The boiler in question is an ideal icos system boiler which I believe does not have a boiler interlock provided. are these plinth heaters able to be used in place of a radiator that was once used as a bypass? and also with the provided flexis on a pressurized system instruction manual is very vague. thanks

Well there should be no problem fitting plinth convector heaters to a pressurised system,flexi hoses are ok to use on a pressurised system and allow unit to be removed and serviced as required,no radiator should be used as a by pass ,if one is needed,a purpose auto by pass valve should be fitted to system,would have thought you would have had interlock on heating and hot water side on this system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plinth convector heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock