Discuss plumage issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

I have recently fitted a boiler upgrade in a flat which used to be an old style town house but has since been converted to 3 flats ,top, middle and bottom. The boiler i have fitted is in the middle flat at the rear of the flat .The combi i have fitted is all working fine and all within regs , i recently recieved a call from the customer saying that the owner in the above flat is complaining about the plummage from the new boiler.
The customer admits she is at complete odds over everything with the above tennant and totally dont get on . My question is there anything i can do to help with the plummage issue to keep the peace between them ??

No wouldn't make any difference as would actually take the plummage closer to the neighbours window , its an awkward one as getting phone calls regarding this yet in theory there is nothing actually wrong where its terminated and yet they are at each others throats over it . Muggins here is getting phone calls to sort it and actually cant see what i can do .

you can get a 45 bend for the end of a terminal to deflect the plummage away from a facing wall, this maybe enough to divert the plummage far enough to the side to take it away from the window above

how about a plume deflector to deflect it to the side may help a little.

Just inform them that given the layout of the building there is no alternative location for the boiler/flue, and that the appliance has been fitted under the strict control of the GSIUR. Then remind the moaner that summer's nearly here and the plumeing will disappear. Or ignore them. The GS register are only concerned with safety.

Im actually going back there in the evening as the old lady has forgotten how the stat works ( showed here twice already ).Need to keep peace tho as doing the moaners bathroom this month and old lady below where done upgrade has passed on work to me. Will have another nose then tell them some bull that its regs and law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumage issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock