Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Plumbing van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rich2012

I have been looking for a van for a while and have came across a 2007 toyota hiace 85 - how comfy do they travel on the motorway because I have heard they struggle?

I've have also looked at the 2010 1.6 fiat diablo maxi which seem a good deal, has anyone on here got one who can advise how good these are?

The Hiace aren`t quick vans but the engines are known to be just about bulletproof and the cab is comfortable enough. Having had an early Diablo which was nothing but a ball ache I don`t trust Fiats but think they have come on a lot.

My first van was a hiace. Only issue other than slow was the starter motor. Had two sets of new contacts.

You can never go wrong with a japanese engine. I have had several toyotas and agree they are bulletproof.

Leo loves his Hiace, must be the only thing I`ve never heard him moan about! lol

Hi'aces are for corner shop owners and pizza shops.
Just sayin....

You can never go wrong with a japanese engine. I have had several toyotas and agree they are bulletproof.
If they were any good you wouldnt have has several [emoji1] [emoji12] [emoji41]

Hiace is good van alright. V reliable. Had a few over the yrs. I only stopped driving them back in d 90s because they didn't have a bulkhead. Lad I worked with had accident, he was ok but tools being flung round scared d be jaysus outa him. That and d rear windows were always glazed. Robbers dream.
Believe it r not someone robbed windscreen outa my brothers hiace back around 1990.

Basically have a drive by a traveller site. Whatever they are using must be reliable lol.
They are never seen in mercs or vivaros lol

My dad has had two, they were Slow, noisy and uncomfortable!, but very reliable!

phone a scrap-yard up for Hiace spares and listen to the answer.
I got a plate welded behind the rear window and the passenger seat has to come out for a 8x4 sheet. They are slow to drive, but slow to break down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water...
Replies
Views
R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
C
Hopefully someone out there can best advise me what to do here: Bit of a nightmare. 1. Put in an offer on a house 2.5 months ago...
Replies
Views
Did a Warmflow warranty job last year, rep said it just needed a control box. So I travelled 25 mins at 4.30 on a Friday night to swap it. Four...
Replies
Views
Barry98
B
Used HYUNDAI H100 STD VAN TURBO Diesel Vans | Van Trader UK Have not seen much on this forum about these vans, does anyone know if they are...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock