Discuss Plume management for external grant oil fired boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pipholt

My neighbour is complaining about the steam coming from the boiler, even though it is permitted distance away from her house etc. Does anyone know of anything I can fit to the flue to direct the steam upwards that won't cost the earth?
Many thanks

You're best off contacting Grant. They do a lot of different flue options and will definitely have something that will do the trick, don't know about cost though.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Have contacted grant and they do have something but coming in at just under 300 inc VAT. Was hoping to spend a little less to keep my neighbour happy!

Unfortunately your stuck with using the manufacturers own flue systems. The only other way is to put a screen up ensuring you comply with the minimum clearances.

Mike

This is becoming more of a comon problem, I hear there may be changes on the way to counter this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plume management for external grant oil fired boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, is it ok to turn on and use new grants external oil combi boiler, before it gets commisioned next week ? or can this cause any damage at all...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm hoping to get some advice. I moved into a new build house a few years ago. A Firebird Silverpac external oil boiler (kabin pak type)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. The flue from my glowworm CXi boiler sticks out the side wall of our house in front of the kitchen window. It's around a metre...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have to site a condensing oil boiler close to a boundary. Its going to be one of these Greenstar 50/70 or there abouts. The 600mm rule...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock