Discuss polyplumb frost damage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keithkbs

Hi Folks,

has anyone ever experienced a 22mm poly straight on a low pressure system (0.1 bar) to be affect by frost in such a way that the copper pipe slips out of the retaining ring but stays in the oring, the fitting in question was completely wrapped in 9mm armaflex and taped with insulation tape.
meaning that the fitting remained water tight for some time after the water was turned back on.

No, Iam not saying its impossible but its more likely that the pipe wasnt in properly in the first place and the o ring held the 0.1 bar for a while.

Have seen a steel unions split by it freezing :eek:,so would think a bit of copper could be moved out of the retaining ring in a plastic elbow :(

Hi Folks,

has anyone ever experienced a 22mm poly straight on a low pressure system (0.1 bar) to be affect by frost in such a way that the copper pipe slips out of the retaining ring but stays in the oring, the fitting in question was completely wrapped in 9mm armaflex and taped with insulation tape.
meaning that the fitting remained water tight for some time after the water was turned back on.

9mm armaflex wont protect for too long against frost anyway sounds like it froze and pushed joint apart with ice , push fits are better on high pressure as the spider washers bite in harder making a better joint , if it was run in hep or similar it would not have been a problem as this expands with freeze ups :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to polyplumb frost damage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks I am considering a job in council block flat which involves amending 15mm copper pipework under 3 bar of pressure. The problem is the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm currently in Ireland and in a small cottage where the plumbing system has me scratching my head a bit. When the place was done up...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have fitted a 22mm scale inhibitor today( due to very hard water) and have lost pressure to all the cold taps in my property bar the...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm adding a shower pump to a vented hot water system. I have an unused secondary tapping on the hot water tank, a 1" brass female fitting and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock