Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Pond heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rvdabrnes

Hi all

New member to the forum looking for some preparatory advice regards pond heating and zone valve wiring before i get someone in.
So far, anyone i have got to come and look at the job has resulted in a lot of head scratching.
A bit of background on the project.

I am heating my pond via a heat exchanger at the pond end which is already plumbed into my existing central heating system (boiler is a glowworm 30ci plus).
The flow from the boiler is Tee'd and using two honeywell zone valves I have a pond heating zone and a house central heating zone, each to be controlled via their own thermostat so that they can run independently or both at the same time.

The part I am struggling with is the wiring up of the system. The stat I am using for the pond will need a mains feed, common and switch which doesnt seem a problem, where as the drayton house stat I have installed is battery powered and is connected to the boiler via the voltage free external control on the boiler.

I have been told that wiring all of this up with the zone valves will be tricky as voltage free controls is being used for the house stat and there is no switched live coming from the boiler to power the zone valves?

Any ideas if this can be done guys? Not sure if I have given you all enough info

Many thanks

Lee

Ah the heated koi pond ;) If you go on Koi Uk site Im sure Maurice Cox has a wiring diagram for what you are after, if not get back to us on here .
I have 6000 gallon koi pond heated with elecro :( expensive

It should work fine.

Just to clear one thing up. The switch from the thermostat on the pond goes to the Zone Valve which puts power onto the switched live to the boiler.

The series of events will go like this

Programmer/Time Clock >Thermostat>Zone Valve>Boiler

As said should not be a problem,just add the extra circuit for pond

Would add pond thermostat should be low voltage,maybe to relay box to power valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pond heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock