Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss potterton performa 24HE no spark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

manners1733

Hi everyone I am a first time user, when I call for heating or hot water my boiler makes all the clicks and sounds with the fan running as it should, but the boiler does not spark, but when I gentle blow into the air pressure switch it makes a click sound then the boiler sparks then the burner lights up, but once I stop blowing the burner goes out.When the tube is connected to the nipple on the fan housing the switch does not click.There is air coming out off the nipple but I guess its not enough presseure ???Hopefully some one out there has a few ideas.ThanksJohn

My advice is leave the nipples alone and get a gas safe engineer in.

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

My advice is leave the nipples alone and get a gas safe engineer in.

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!
what he said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton performa 24HE no spark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot...
Replies
Views
New install, under a year old. Boiler downstairs. Mega flow upstairs in airing cupboard. Undfloor downstairs. Rads upstairs. Whenever the...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Hi all...got some issues....drained my working ok system yesterday to upgrade some 15 to 22 on the flow and return rad circuit. Refilled and bled...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock