Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss potterton suprima 40L - wont reset in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper Gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hello guys,

i have a potterton suprima 40 l displaying a flashing lockout red light. tried resettting and tried isolating and then switching mains back on but still the reset light blinks consistently. Any ideas or clues as to where to start on this one..
thanks

DD368

Has it had the updated pcb kit fitted? (you can tell because the details on the data plate will be hand written not printed).

Only asking because thats a common fault on these.

You have to order the whole pcb. But it's a really common fault. I've fitted loads.

There is no real check. it just starts with having to reset and then will not reset at all.

They were on watchdog a few years back and at one stage potterton were repairing them for free (untill the bad press died down).

If I remember rightly they are about ÂŁ250. its the whole PCB and wiring loom.

Ye, sounds like PCB. The new one is enclosed, you can't actually see the printed bit, just looks like a big bit of plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton suprima 40L - wont reset in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a customer with a Potterton Suprima boiler that keeps locking out with a red flashing light. If you reset the boiler it fires up fine and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
My partner has an Alpha CD25C fitted and worked until a couple of weeks ago. Intermittently it will switch off after working for 4-5 days. When...
Replies
Views
Hello - I have a weird issue with a potterton suprima 60 with the old type of PCB with the round reset button (not Siemens). I just replaced the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Our boiler is an old (installed in 2005), Potterton Kingfisher (MF 40-100), using a pressurised system. It recently started short cycling...
Replies
Views
Hello All My Baxi Duo Tec Combi HE error display light is not 'lit up' - it appears to be blank. My boiler hasn't worked since the weekend so I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock