Discuss Potterton Suprima 50HE combustion readings in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I serviced a Potterton Suprima 50HE today, full clean of burner etc, put back together, burner pressure correct at 9mb, gas rate correct at 15kw, analyser readings way out though, no suggestion in mfi of correct ratio etc, anyone had this before. I was once told by Vaillant that some of their older condensing boilers didn't need to combustion readings run and if you did, the readings would be sky high, is that the case with Suprima HE's as well?

Hello clearplumbing,

This should be asked in the private forum. However did you leave it long enough to not saturate your FGA? Have you checked your FGA?

Just re-read post, this is a heat only boiler, don’t think there’s a need to fga, mine’s the same boiler, seem to remember calling Baxi technical and they mentioned results won’t be same as a combi.

Yeah even old ones. You couldn’t leave an older boiler at let’s say 500ppm.
If they’re burner in excess of 200ppm there’s something wrong anyway, most of the older appliances are usually under 100ppm when they’re burning correctly.

I must say it’s a new one on me, we’ve been told, flame picture, burner pressure and gas rate. Yes I do hold relevant quali’s before you ask, just don’t remember everything.

How would a bbu get analysed? Or a 3rd storey boiler with no sampling point?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Potterton Suprima 50HE combustion readings in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi, I am after some advice, I recently fitted a new gas valve to a vaillant ecotec earlier. the boiler was fitted in 2015 and has been serviced...
Replies
Views
Unable to adjust co2 readings on a a vaillant ecotec boiler it’s an lpg model I’m currently getting 0.0004 ratio, can’t get a higher co2...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
er OK, so here is an update on this boiler to see if anyone else is the wiser. I actually got longer than 15 minutes in the property today. I...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Called out to carry out a boiler service on a junior 28i picked up the seals before hand. Put the boiler on max before doing the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock