Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Power flush on a system with double entry valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stu.roberts

Anybody offer any advice if it's wise, it needs doing, but iv never attempted it on a system with those awful double entry valves. The system also has 10mm to the radiators.

It won't work IMO! You'll clean out the pipe work for sure but you'll not get the flow through the radiators required to remove the debris deposited there. You may also succeed in blowing the insert pipe off and into the radiator!! I'd suggest minimum requirement would be to change all the twin entries to single either end before flushing ... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just PF as normal, you may need to just have one radiator on at a time to increase flow velocity around radiator.
In the few systems I've done with these valves this method has worked a treat.

From experience it blows the feeder pipe off inside the rad you can push the dirt into the rads but can't get it out making it a pretty pointless exercise, your best solution is to convert to single entry and do away with the twins to clear the bottoms or the rads successfully and not just moving dirt around.
Neil

Thanks for the advice guys, gunna repipe them first, not worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flush on a system with double entry valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock