Discuss Power flushing boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Evening lads I am relatively new to power flushing.
what are people's views of flushing boilers? I have only flushed boilers with cast heat exchangers through fear of damage.
i always get a disclaimer signed (off the kamco website)
if I am unsure of its a combi I just attach it in the f&r totally taking the boiler out the picture

I always flush through the boiler (but i do use a magnacleanse with the flusher) either use a pump head adapter or cut into the return under the boiler.

I always go through boiler if combi or through pump head if not. Hot power flush means you can feel the heat picture in the rad to make sure it has been cleaned out. Rubber mallet helps with a bit of agitation to get the sludge out of the bottom of the rad if needs be. I use sentinel x800 and then no risk of damaging anything, corrosion inhibitor when I'm done.

I have only flushed one with the boiler on and it kept locking out ever time I switched direction so thought best to just turn the boiler off lol.
I was thinking about fabricating my own heater bit of waste pipe, a immersion, couple end caps and a couple tank connectors :)
I do really want a magnacleanse but I am struggling to justify

I have only flushed one with the boiler on and it kept locking out ever time I switched direction so thought best to just turn the boiler off lol.
I was thinking about fabricating my own heater bit of waste pipe, a immersion, couple end caps and a couple tank connectors :)
I do really want a magnacleanse but I am struggling to justify
I've got a magnacleanse, it's a great tool to show the customer what you are doing and achieving results. [emoji3]

I always go through boiler if combi or through pump head if not.

I go through the pump head especially on combis otherwise you can't flush the plate heat ex in situ...

Kamco do a unit a lot like a magnacleanse, with two chambers. They supply it with two magnets but you could put an immersion into one chamber if the boiler won't fire...

In fact, they now sell a combined twin-chamber unit with one magnet and one immersion. Should have patented that idea! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I have seen that and it does look good but really can't justify it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flushing boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock