Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Powerflush course/refresher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Hi I about to get my self a nice new powerflush think I am going to go for the anton unit and take full advantage of the 10% cash back day at plumbase:)

i I have not used a flush for years, I no I will be fine as soon as I start but I just want a comfort blanket of a refresher day just to go over the chemicals and best practice again.

been trying to get hold of the powerflush association but they ain't responding to emails or answering the phone.
I am in kent if anyone knows of a course or someone want a set of hands for the day to get me back up to speed

cheers lads

Yes I run a course in newcastle.

400 quid for the day
Included is fish and chips for lunch
And a night on the lash in north shields.

I cover all aspects of training from...

What is a powerflush and how to plug it in.
What chemicals are best to use and do they have any illicit purposes.

1 pipe 2 pipe 3 pipe and 4 pipe systems.

And how to keep a straight face when ya paying me.

...any good ???

Are you paying for the **** up lol. Sounds good but far to far mate.

i done flushes before but not for a long time

The only good course is a golf course. Which is a waste of a good walk. Read the mi,s and you will be fine.

400 quid for the day

...any good ???
Yes I do the same down here in Devon, Only difference you get Pasty & Chips, and if you pass , a free turnip !!

The only good course is a golf course. Which is a waste of a good walk. Read the mi,s and you will be fine.

Have to agree. Golfers, ventriloquists and trainspotters all suffer from the same genetic defect.

400 quid for the day

...any good ???

Sounds like a good course, do you take groups of 20 or more lol

Only if they're bang tidy women.
Then they get free lambrini

Last edited by a moderator:
How many people who do powerflushes, do it on their own?

It's not possible to get as thorough a flush as you do when you have two people doing the flush.

It's not possible to get as thorough a flush as you do when you have two people doing the flush.

If you know what you are doing, one person can do the job, no probs at all. It doesn’t matter one, two of four, at the end you just have to split the dosh between more people.

You can't forward/reverse the flow on your own....no matter how good you are....you need the turbulence in the system whilst flushing.

You can't forward/reverse the flow on your own....no matter how good you are....you need the turbulence in the system whilst flushing.

Really? U can even make an auto change over with two 3 ports and a timer.

Trying to figure out what im missing here.
My powerflush has a forward and reverse just like my van.

I want it to go forward I push the knob that way.
I want it to go back I pull It this way.

Just like my van

I take it you are not using KAMCO. Cos, the flow rate they have is more than double that of most power flushing pumps on the market. Sludge and corrosion deposits are dislodged by high velocity water, the direction of which can be reversed instantaneously to create turbulence in radiators.

Trying to figure out what im missing here.
My powerflush has a forward and reverse just like my van.

I want it to go forward I push the knob that way.
I want it to go back I pull It this way.

Just like my van

I bet you can go sideways if you want to! :smile:

Yes I do use Kamco...but apart from Ermintrudes idea, how do you forward /reverse flow on your own? Kamco training even said that you need to constantly change flow.

150L per min flow rate I believe.

Also you're braver than me to do it on your own!

Sideways too .....

Never tried......

Too busy playing with my knob

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powerflush course/refresher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock