Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss ppl training centre york in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ian4147

does anyone have any feedback on this training centre i went to see the other day,i have been thinking of doing one of these courses for 4 or 5 years but at viy in leeds but changed my mind as i now live much closer to ppl.i was self employed before relocating at the begining of this year but as property maintenance/handyman and now think its time at 30 to try and get a trade.after being layed off from my job last week have decided to go for it.i dont expect to earn a fortune and have learnt previously how i will sort things out after the course which includes city and guilds 6129 & 6089 (part) basic electrical, tiling ,plastering and some others.the course is to be a renewable energy engineer city and guilds and includes solar water heating and loft insulation and all in all takes abot 12 weeks and then 2-3 onsite assesments.
look forward to any response and hello to all
thanks ian
(think i posted in the right section :) )

ian I did the course last year at PPL. THERE IS A LOT TO TAKE IN!! and your will have to work hard. I really enjoyed the course and learnt so much. I was a bit confused at having to do the tech cert in plumbing then the renewables but it all made sense in the end. The guys are great and very experienced. They have other centres across the country in Jewson branches?? I think they partner Greenworks of somebody Solar Panels | Heat Pumps | Underfloor Heating | Solar Heating Panels I thought about VIY too but they just seemed to be into newentrant plubing training. I dont think they are still going. TIP you will have to work really hard as there is a lot to take in, go round to see the centres they have in york and have a chat. Then go for it. I have been doing installs all over the SE after the course cheers Paul

I did my training there, very intense, but learned a lot off stuff, i mainly do bathroom instalations & normal domestic plumbing ie installing rad's etc. i've been trading 3 1/2 years since, trade has gone down but still making a living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ppl training centre york in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock