Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Problems venting air in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mgbgt2

A friend has just moved house and has a conventional gas boiler (on the ground floor) and indirect HWC (22mm feed & return) with 4 radiators fed with microbore pipes. (probably about 10 years old)

The HWC and radiators are only just getting warm and I can hear lots of air rushing through the pump every 90 seconds or so but there is no air released from the radiator vents (just water) and none from a manual vent situated on a short "T" near the pump.

The radiators are evenly warm from top to bottom so I don't think there's any air trapped in them and the room and boiler stats are set to high. There's plenty of water in the header tank. The boiler cycles every 3-4 minutes so I think the problem may be due to air in the system somewhere. (I can't see any other vents)

I've tried the pump on various settings, fully opened the rad valves, and leaving the system off for 24 hours to let the air settle then venting but I can't get any more air out.

Any ideas on how I can purge the air from this system? Is there normally a vent on the boiler iteslf as that's the only place I have not looked as I can't see how to remove the case. Or is there something else that I could try?

Hi There are so many permutations of systems / boilers it difficult to be precise. There may be air valves on boiler and cylinder cupboard area of pipework. But often leaving the system running (turning the pump on and off at say one minuet intervals)will push the air somewhere that it can be bleed from. However its nice to know how it got in there in the first place. Many systems gather air in one particular area/rad and are vented on a regular basis, it dont make them right but its a fact. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problems venting air in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock