Search the forum,

Discuss Protectaline alkathene pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys anyone experience using this brand? I'll be using it and since the fittings are only compatable with there own pipe. I'm not sure sure what fitting the Scottish water guys are going to make the connection as there universal saddle furrule will need to be a protectaline saddle and I'm not sure how there going to make the connection. any experience appreciated!

Totally new service from the mains ?

Yeah I'll be blanking off my old supply. And replacing a new supply pipe and re routing it.

Don't be too surprised if they use alk from there's to the meter / stop tap

I was thinking that. where my new pipe goes over a single track road the depth will be 750min but I was thinking could I put my pipe inside a soil pipe to add strength or will the barrier pipe on its own will be suitable at 750min?

If it goes under a path or road I always sleeve it

Road yes path down pipe / 2" waste pipe

2" waste pipe I go for that. Also when the pipe comes through the building what would you use to sleeve it?

4" swept soil bend

Your meant to use the protectaline fittings with the green insert you bang in with a hammer.

Plasson fittings wont fit as its slightly bigger OD, Philmac fittings do fit although like i said your meant to use the fittings that come with the green insert.

Thanks. I'm laying that pipe in the ground but the water authorities will be making the connection but I'm sure they will know how to fit this particular pipe and fittings. Do you know if a sharkbit universal fitting would fit this pipe?

No it won't

BSS or drain centre can get the correct adapters if it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Protectaline alkathene pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
Hi What brand/make of 50mm waste pipe clips is the narrowest? All round band I believe may not pass a building warrant inspection and I'm planning a new small kitchen and need as much cm as possible. I've been suggested the 77mm protusion of the standard clip of 50mm pipe is the main one but...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock