Search the forum,

Discuss pump advice for a gravity fed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fishhead

Hi all,

Please can i have some expert advice. I have a gravity fed system and i've just bought a lovely mira digital low pressure shower system that comes with a pump specifically for gravity fed systems. This pump will just provide pumped water to the shower.

As i'm also in the process of re-modelling my bathroom i'd like some new bath valves/taps and a bath waste filler. All the ones are like are not compatible with low pressure systems so i'd like to buy a separate pump to feed the bath and sink.

How do i configure the pipe work so that i can have 2 pumps without either one affecting the other?

i'm happy to run a separate cold feed from the tank in the loft to the shower pump but what about the hot?

do i need to use non return valves and if so where?

I hope this is clear. Any help or steer would be greatly received.

Thank you

Yes I have two large tanks which are linked in the loft.

Thank you

From the Header tank to the vented hot water cylinder to give added pressure to the system. for domestic hot water to taps.

Fishhead:

Why, if you are refurbing the bathroom, are you using taps that aren't suited to low pressure and then fitting a pump? Would it not make more sense to use taps that ARE suited to what you have?

Thank you so much for such clear concise advice. This makes sense thank you.

Ric2013. All the taps I like only seem to be compatible with high pressure systems (not gravity fed) so if I put a pump in this will give the high pressure I need - will it? Surely a pump is the best way to go? I'm very open to advice as I'm a novice. Thank you

Personally I would keep looking for taps, not sure the noise of a pump will be to your liking.

PS. I am sick to death of the sound of mine.

itcanbesoeasy. Thank you for your clear advice. I think I'll go down this route.

Two pumps. One for hot and one for cold. If you try using a twin impellor the seals will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pump advice for a gravity fed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock