Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Pump Continues to run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DavidW

Hi, everyone.
Just discovered that when i swhich all the heating controls to the off position, the pump continues to run. Any ideas how i can resolve.

Thanks in advance
David :confused:

Hi, everyone.
Just discovered that when i swhich all the heating controls to the off position, the pump continues to run. Any ideas how i can resolve.

Thanks in advance
David :confused:

you'll need to post more info mate, combi or system boiler. If system boiler, what set up, s or y plan, gravity hw&pumped heating.

low water content boilers are designed to have a pump overun,so may have been doing it for ages,but yuve just noticed it now,all depends on system you have

leave it for 5 minutes and chec, its proably a pump overun to keep circulatin th water for a few minutes after the demand for heat has stopped

Thanks for the info,
The system is an old Baxi boiler system, 2 control valves one for the CH and the other heats the water up through a copper tank(coil type)

David

baxi system boiler or baxi burmuda or wall mount a model name would help

it shouldnt run for more than 20 mins, unless you have a frost stat calling for it - or a faulty wiring circuit.

Hi, the boiler is wall mounted and the model No is BAXI WM 51/ 3RS. The pump runs constantly after i've switched the boiler off.

Thanks
David

Hi, the boiler is wall mounted and the model No is BAXI WM 51/ 3RS. The pump runs constantly after i've switched the boiler off.

Thanks
David

is the boiler always staying on all the time aswell? I know you said you turned the boiler off, if both the pump&boiler are staying on constantly then you may have a faulty zone valve. Ie the zone valve is sticking on and therefore always sending power to the pump and boiler. If you are able to test this, turn off the ch/hw at your programmer and check for 240v on the orange wire of the zone valve/s at the wiring centre. It's quite a common problem for a zone valve to stick on

is the boiler always staying on all the time aswell? I know you said you turned the boiler off, if both the pump&boiler are staying on constantly then you may have a faulty zone valve. Ie the zone valve is sticking on and therefore always sending power to the pump and boiler. If you are able to test this, turn off the ch/hw at your programmer and check for 240v on the orange wire of the zone valve/s at the wiring centre. It's quite a common problem for a zone valve to stick on

if the programmer is off there should only be power on the grey wire, if the internal switch is sticking it could be sending a signal out on the orange wire from 3port to boiler/pump

unless its a s plan then it could be either one of the 2 ports

if the programmer is off there should only be power on the grey wire, if the internal switch is sticking it could be sending a signal out on the orange wire from 3port to boiler/pump

unless its a s plan then it could be either one of the 2 ports

Power on the grey is a given bud, if there's constant power on the orange then that's where your problem lies. I was describing a plain zone on my previous post fuz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump Continues to run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted...
Replies
Views
Hello, I wonder is I could ask for some advice please. I have just replaced and only gravity fed boiler with a new Baxi heat only boiler. The...
Replies
Views
S
Happy New Year everyone! I need a little help on figuring out what's wrong with my central heating (CH) system. I'm in a new house, and I know...
Replies
Views
Sam Wain
S
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock