Discuss Pump running and boiler fired up all the time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Notebook

Hi
I just had to replace the 3 way valve and the pump.

The valve works fine - heating just the water or ch rads if selected.

I changed this yesterday. However last night was aware that I think that the pump was continually running and also the boiler running.
I don't think this is correct?
Is this controlled by a stat on the tank?

also

I turned off isolation valves above and below the pump to change it and also left (top of tank) and right of the valve(pipe going under floorboards).
There is also another going from the bottom of the tank to in between the pump and valve.

all these I have turned back on. Is this correct?

any help appreciated

You need to check the wiring that you've done against a wiring diagram. You may find that there are compatibility issues between new and old components. It all depends on the age of the system and the components that you have swapped.

Mike

you are picking up permenent live feed the wiring will need redoing sounds like you have by passed the stats so if you arnt any good with a multimeter you will need to get a enginner because without me being thier i dont exactly know where you have gone wrong but easy to do when swapping because some are different to others in the layout

new on hear gonna have to look at posting dates i think if it is still running his gas bill will be biger than a factory did the same trick the first valve i fitted years ago took me ages to figure it out but the hardest lessons learnt are the best in the long run cos you dont do it again or do you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump running and boiler fired up all the time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock