Discuss Pumped ch gravity he to sealed system installation problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check for another NRV on old ch flow on chimney breast, only answer and think you have some how reversed original F & R, ask customer if upstairs rads used to come on with JUST hot water on on BBU, IF THEY DID NOT AN NRV IS FITTED

Not if it was piped by anyone with half a clue how systems worked. This seems to be an English thing. I've fitted and worked on 1000's of gravity jobs and never come across an anti gravity valve yet and neither has anyone i know up here.

To the OP for future reference.
Leave the 1" revolves where they are unless you can be bothered stripping them for scrap.
Catch onto the main runs elsewhere. It is just as easy.

Not if it was piped by anyone with half a clue how systems worked. This seems to be an English thing. I've fitted and worked on 1000's of gravity jobs and never come across an anti gravity valve yet and neither has anyone i know up here.

To the OP for future reference.
Leave the 1" revolves where they are unless you can be bothered stripping them for scrap.
Catch onto the main runs elsewhere. It is just as easy.

Agree but common as muck down here, don't know where the OP is from?
i have seen loads of problems like this and also chatter of the valves if left in and the flow is going the right way....

Before the internet i'd never heard of an anti gravity valve. A bit common sense used meant it would never be needed.

This was the way we done then. Drop the CH flow leaving the boiler. CH can't work on gravity. (Excuse the magic marker it is all i could find :smile:)

Attachments

• bbu.JPG
    bbu.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 25
Before the internet i'd never heard of an anti gravity valve. A bit common sense used meant it would never be needed.

This was the way we done then. Drop the CH flow leaving the boiler. CH can't work on gravity. (Excuse the magic marker it is all i could find :smile:)
Top drawer pal I like! Yep that's how I was taught, the same guy who taught me had forearms like the top of my legs, and could bend 28mm pipe with a spring over his knee as tight as his hilmor!
Problem is down here I bet only 20% are piped like that, so they bash a anti gravity valve in, some even fitted a 22mm gate valve on c/h flow and it got called a "summer valve"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pumped ch gravity he to sealed system installation problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock