Discuss Pumped ch gravity he to sealed system installation problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ryangas

Right guys been and converted a system to sealed from ov today but can't get any heat at the rads we located the new boiler in the cupboard where the cylinder was used the 28 mm flow and return from the cylinder to connect to the heating flow and return at the back boiler but no heat at rads one thing I found. Funny was the. Heating flow and return from the bbu go off in 22 for a foot and then go to 15 there's a rad in the lounge which goes off the 22 before it rduces which got boiling that was turned off but still nothing the flow at a few of the rads is Luke warm but that's it any suggestions please. Let me know
regards Ryan

I don't known what that is Kevin can you explain ps there is a return to the boiler

Antigravity valve fitted somewhere ?
Yep this......take off boxing in on chimney breast, and you will find a spring loaded valve, drain and remove, above assumes you have piped the BBU through correctly and piped old pump through without cutting off upstairs return, this will be a tee behind where you removed the old pump.

I know what the valve is not its like a non return valve should have said the boiler we have put in is a combi what do you mean by the upstairs return there were four pipes 2x22 2x28 I would hav o assume the 22 are the heating f and r and the 28 the hw f&r

Nothing was capped just linked 28 to 22 it shouldn't matter what is f& r as it will run either way ? I feel so stupid with this I should be able to rectify it but I'm just stumped thanks

Nothing was capped just linked 28 to 22 it shouldn't matter what is f& r as it will run either way ? I feel so stupid with this I should be able to rectify it but I'm just stumped thanks
It does if the pump was down stairs, where was it fitted it would have to have been piped through

Is there a NRV? if so it does matter also which way it was piped as it will not run either way, guessed it was a combi as you removed cylinder lol to use circs

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pumped ch gravity he to sealed system installation problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock