Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Purchasing studding and strut etc... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybo_1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Just after recommendations on places to get unistrut, studding and associated fixings from. On the rare occasion I've needed before I've gone to direct channel and they've been spot on but starting to do more of it and looking for options. Cheers

direct channel are the cheapest, but if you need it asap go to a local sparky merchant they should have the stuff

I'm just in the process of setting an account up and hopefully be squared away with some good terms.

get to know your local rep like your left arse cheek :D mines pulled me out the poo more than once

and sometimes they can even give you work :D

I cut my stud bar and strut on a ridgid bench still but if i'm cutting a lot of unistrut I get my chop saw out.

Very rare I use a grinder as I find it's more difficult and time consuming cutting my clips end to center holding a tape and a grinder & then rounding the edges off rather than using a tape and hacksaw :D

Plus me clothes end up all holely after using a grinder for a few days, add a hard day's work covered in dirt and grime, clothes all holey I end up looking like I should be holding a can of tenants and sat on a park bench lol

Last edited:
I cut my stud bar and strut on a ridgid bench still but if i'm cutting a lot of unistrut I get my chop saw out.

Very rare I use a grinder as I find it's more difficult and time consuming cutting my clips end to center holding a tape and a grinder & then rounding the edges off rather than using a tape and hacksaw :D

Plus me clothes end up all holely after using a grinder for a few days, add a hard day's work covered in dirt and grime, clothes all holey I end up looking like I should be holding a can of tenants and sat on a park bench lol

this is what you need cuts stud easy

Rems Threaded Rod Cropping Tongs M6-M12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Purchasing studding and strut etc... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock