Discuss Purging long gas supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a job where I need to run 30 metres of 28 mm and 10 metres of 22mm copper tube. Now there is no gas hob in the place so I need to light the gas while purging. What right do you guys make up in this scenario. Cheers

True, as that is minimum purge vol but I want to check whether I was taught wrong about the multiplying by 1.5?

No its right enough.
You would only bother working out the IV for a purge if there was > 28mm or a G10/U16 on it so it is irrelevant in this case anyway.

Some acs centres have their heads up their rses.
Gimme a minute and i'll post a pic from UP1B.

Just checked the Construction Skills textbook. 10% added to pipework and then meter volume added. So yeah, the worksheet the assessment centre gave us was wrong!

Although, I noticed something else in the book - we've all been adding 0.008m3 as meter volume, but that is meter internal volume. Meter purge volume is given as 0.01m3 for U6/G4.

God, I'm sad...

Untitled.jpg

Just checked the Construction Skills textbook. 10% added to pipework and then meter volume added. So yeah, the worksheet the assessment centre gave us was wrong!

Although, I noticed something else in the book - we've all been adding 0.008m3 as meter volume, but that is meter internal volume. Meter purge volume is given as 0.01m3 for U6/G4.

God, I'm sad...

the inspectors will be busy next week.lol

i rely on my app's or last resorse get the book out of van.
did my resits last week and they said 'right get your prefered app ready for purging/pipes & vents.lol

God, I'm sad...
Yip. For standard G4/E6 upto 28mm pipe the standard purge is 0.01.
Bigger meter and or greater than 28mm pipe then you need to calculate.

Wow.a lot of info in there guys. Thank you. So basically, all I need to do is purge 0.01 and all is well as no 35mm pipe or u16 meter.

So I am within scope.

I know some boilers have a purge setting on them so think I shall do it this way

Thanks for all the help guys. I appreciate it.

Just one more thing to clarify, it is the installation volume that makes it commercial and not the purge volume correct? Which is what tamz's diagrams explains

Wow.a lot of info in there guys. Thank you. So basically, all I need to do is purge 0.01 and all is well as no 35mm pipe or u16 meter.

So I am within scope.

I know some boilers have a purge setting on them so think I shall do it this way

Thanks for all the help guys. I appreciate it.

no!
the installation volume is>0.035 and by the book..its out of scope!
whether it matters could be debateable but you wouldnt do it near an inspector ;)
perhaps were all on a learning curve here, one for the acs reassesment center when tickets are due.haha

however, based on this there in scope and simular to what tam said, so 'grey area'?
http://shop.igem.org.uk/download/document/Pages from IGE-UP-1B Edition 2.pdf
http://shop.igem.org.uk/download/do...UP-1A Edition 2 (Reprint with amendments).pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Purging long gas supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock