Discuss Qual oil pipe in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
Anyone use it above ground ?

We have used it for underground oil lines but always terminated it just at ground level .From memory you can take it to inlet side of fire valve as long as it's no nearer than 500mm from burner.

Not designed for above ground use I believe. Prone to UV damage.

says it’s uv safe but the website is contradictory says you can go from the tank to the fire valve without joints then further down not suitable for above ground use then on another page conifer green so doesn’t look to bad if on show :D

Hmmm, sounds legitimate lol. I personally prefer copper, you know where you stand with it.

exactly but for some reason Worcester won’t allow 10mm over 12m and this one is around 20m so have to do it in 15mm soft is way way to expensive so was looking for alternatives

Where are you getting that info from? That I didn't know of to be honest. When sizing a fuel line it should be done through your OFTEC books, you'd be surprised at what sizes some lines can run off. The problem is manufacturers won't warrant an installation if you don't follow there sometimes ridiculous criteria. Will there be a tiger loop?

Where are you getting that info from? That I didn't know of to be honest. When sizing a fuel line it should be done through your OFTEC books, you'd be surprised at what sizes some lines can run off. The problem is manufacturers won't warrant an installation if you don't follow there sometimes ridiculous criteria. Will there be a tiger loop?

Yep threw me aswell it’s only 24-32 so 10mm should be ok but Worcester state 12m max for 10mm

Attachments

• 34BAEB8A-6615-4718-A0EA-9D3AA60EB221.png
    34BAEB8A-6615-4718-A0EA-9D3AA60EB221.png
    865.6 KB · Views: 9
24-32 is nothing, 10mm should be fine, although overall length plays a part. Without doing the calculations I couldn't say what minimum size oftec would recommend but again you would void warranty if you don't comply unfortunately.

Exactly it’s one of them :D

I would say 20m maximum in reality around 17m probably

Quality pipe always a no no above ground. Only carry 10mm pvc coated copper. The copper is cheaper as well.

needs to be 15mm as it’s over 12m so best part of £230 for soft :(

Reply to Qual oil pipe in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock