Discuss Quooker...is 110 degree water really ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Basically you drill a hole in the sink waste pipe and screw in a fitting that comes with the tap. Then you connect the bottom of the tundish to the screwed-in fitting with a flexible hose, making sure there a U in it to get a seal.

I think at 3 bar the boiling point of water is around 130-140c however if at any point this pressure drops (which I would image in does when you open the tap) the boiling temperature drops accordingly if pressure drops enough water will start turning to steam and expand quite quickly.
110c is just over 1 bar which is to say any pressure above atmospheric will stop water from boiling at 110c

Water boils at 110 deg C at about 1.4 bar, so the pressure in the tank must be at least that. I guess that the sequence is that when you open the tap the pressure drops to atmospheric and the water coming up the spout boils. Cold water enters the tank and it heated. The pressure in the tank rises to mains pressure plus a bit for expansion, which will give you more than 1.4 bar. Then it sits at that pressure until someone opens the tap. Incidentally, the PRV setpoint is 8 bar.

So in simple terms there is the equivalent of a high pressure steam engine installed in a domestic kitchen , ok never in mine or my customers ever
I have read enough , just to peel a tomato ..seen it in tv huh !
This is a great place to learn and contribute thank you all let’s keep it up
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

A couple of posts seem to be mixing up absolute and gauge pressures.

The boiling point of water is 110°C at 1.4 bar (absolute) pressure. Most pressure gauges, PRVs, etc. on plumbing, and most plumbers, use 'gauge pressure', which is the pressure above the local atmospheric pressure, so they would indicate ca 0.4 bar..

FWIW, I've seen first hand some horrific burns caused by relatively small amounts of very hot (not even boiling) water, and these gadgets make me very uneasy.

Reply to Quooker...is 110 degree water really ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock